Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lamp painting


Deepavali professors Networking Session - 09th NOVEMBER 2012


Deepavali is known as the festival of lights and indeed it is never completed without three important things. Lamps, Food and Fire Crackers.

This year pre-deepavali itself became an awesome moment for me to cherish. I had the opportunity to guide and help kids and even adults of various age groups, beginning from the age of 6. A very unique experience as I had never faced a lamp painting experience before. Lamp Painting is not just about the art but also about tradition that is inter-twinned with it. As each kid came to paint fresh new lamps, I was very interested to see the rich colours, exciting designs that each person had to portray. I always believe that each person is an artist on his own and yes, they did prove. Some were really extraordinary. At the same time, I wouldn't have enjoyed as much if the participants weren't that excited. Thus, I am looking forward to more and more such experience where I also get to teach and guide more people not just with tradition but with the touch of art in it! 













No comments: